Friday, November 19, 2004

What I didn't want to hear...

This week had went relatively smoothly - in comparison with recent weeks. It was my half day, I stopped off for some things along the Perth Road on the way into town, and then home. It was just by coincidence that I turned on the local radio whilst in the bedroom for 10minutes - and heard of a bus crash. The news was somewhat more grim, in a Megabus double decker had left the road a Gateside, just south of Forfar. I took a look up there (to be pedantic it was closer to Kinnettles road end, but the two are a minute apart). The bus collided with a tractor/trailer, and hit the ditch. The driver died on the scene. The bus is likely to be written off. The bus involved was VLT37, which I have a pic of somewhere... In the meantime, the bus looks like WLT416, which is the other of the "pair" - pic here. The Courier did a piece on the incident, which can be found here. Thankfully they left out the pictures which were splattered all over the front of the paper...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home