Thursday, March 16, 2006

Mark Stanley Thinks You’re Rubbish…

One of my colleagues by the name of Adam Hobson plays in a band called The Illusion Principle. It’s a crash metal band, and I’ve been pestering him for his demo disc. Well, perseverance pays off, as I’ve now bought a copy of the disc for £1, chocolate stained from his accident with a bar of chocolate in his bag two weeks ago…

As one of our managers says (re: The tracks on the website) “… I listened to one of those, and three days later, I got my hearing back…”


Although it’s not normally my thing, I had a listen soon after getting home, to the whole disc of six tracks. It’s basically loud thrash, and Adam’s picture on the band's biog says he “hits shit with sticks” – in that respect, it does exactly what it says on the tin. Their website describes the music as "Rock / Post Hardcore / Emo"...


The name above comes from Track 2, “Mark Stanley Thinks You’re Rubbish”. As a result, I’ve used this as a general wind-up for Adam since he mentioned this i.e. “Rubbish…” but not quite in a Dom Jolly esq situation…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home