Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Cleaning Up The Town

I woke up to several envelopes of post. When I opened, several were the same. It’s a design company sending the formal word of note to everyone in the area, as the pub downstairs wants a patio. But, they don’t know the area, because…

  1. They’ve sent one to Flat D,35 Constitution Road, and one to Flat D, 33, etc. – when these are all DCC’s way of saying the same thing…
  2. They referred to enclosing Aberdeen City Council’s standard form…
  3. Constitution Road is referred to as Constitution Hill… Brummie at work there, because I’ve had that before…

So, what makes me wonder is, why didn’t I get a formal objection form when the trees behind the car park were cut down? That’s one for next week, as I have a few things planned for the day!

Went back to the doctors for my scheduled appointment (see Friday past!). Upon getting there, I was waved through, but everyone was in formal dress. This usually means they have visitors, or a funeral, but asking the latter is only usually in jest. As it turned out, the 1130 appointment I got on my mobile last Friday, should have been 1100… but I’m sure… never mind there isn’t an 1130 slot… but then we continued with the main question, and as to why this was on my repeats list, if you’d not had the letter? The doctor then allowed me to take a look through the screen, to prove he couldn’t see anything. After that, he was more than happy to issue a script for the required tabs.

Finally.

But, you should know, my life isn’t that straightforward. Took the script to the chemist at Menzieshill (Orleans Place) shops, and was asked to come back 30mins later. Got breakfast, had a look in the library. When I was in the library (mobile still off), I got a call from Tallgirls re the shoes. They have agreed to refund me in whole (by cheque), and they are now looking at the quality of the remaining stock of this range of shoe, after I’ve had two faulty pairs in a month…


I went back to the chemist… “We’re going to have to order it in…” Well, (A) I’m not going to be passing this way again, and (B) I had to come back to them three or four times for a balance owed the last time! So, at this point, I’ve got just over 30 minutes before I am due to start work (although I did pre-warn my team coach, just in case it took more than 90 minutes…)


The next nearest chemist is the one in Invergowrie village – sort of other side of the by-pass from work - who close at 1pm for lunch… so had the food I bought, and waited on the 54, which is my usual bus to work on Mondays and Wednesdays. Driver was really surprised when I asked for Invergowrie…


I went in, handed over my script. The two of them mentioned supply issues… and were surprised my docs had only prescribed two months (well, first things first!). They found enough i.e. two x 28 day blister cards, duly put in a white box with a leaflet, labelled and checked… and I was out the door just in time for closing.


I had a look at the leaflet. It mentions “various… natural oestrogens” but does not specify the source – other than to say it’s not artificial.


I got to look after one or two of the new starts this evening, giving a little extra help for them in their first week live on their own. I ended up starting 30 minutes later, and finished 60 minutes later (I offered to stay for the last 30 minutes with the same new person, and it was accepted! but today only…)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home