Saturday, March 04, 2006

If I said I was a size eight, would you believe me?

I found myself in a somewhat weird situation i.e. having to try to find an emergency pair of suitable footwear, in Glasgow, in the morning. I’d already arranged for the day off, so today I was on the Omnibus Soc tour, which I shall come to in a moment or two.



Now, I’ve not been to Evans for footwear before. Their sizes are wider than most, meaning people who’d normally take an outsize can fit into something more acceptable. Their clothing sizes are broadly similar, as I found when I went in for something that isn’t falling off me… (thanks to the weight I’d managed to lose, I’ve gone down two skirt sizes since the new year…) … and was given a catalogue. These go up to a 10, but I’d been told by friends that if you usually do an 11 in a shoe (as I do), you can fit comfortably into a 9 or a 10 of theirs. I tried the Glasgow store, and got a reasonable pair of wedges reduced to £18. The broken shoes were an 11C, these are an 8EEE. So, if I said I was a size eight… no you wouldn’t… or would you…?


Anyway, managed to get them on, and get back to the bus station in time for the trip. We went around in preserved former Northern Scottish & Stagecoach Perth Olympian/ECW TSO 16X – one I remember from the 16’s, as well as my time in Perth bus station. We left the bus station, heading to the GVVT at Bridgeton, before continuing to First Larkfield (Parkhead was planned, but due to building works, we were not allowed – although First gracefully offered their ususal toured visit around the much larger, and slightly more open air Larkfield depot instead…), then Coatbridge town centre, First Cumbernauld. Stagecoach Glasgow Blochairn, and back to the bus station. Lots of good stuff, including lots of former Dundee area buses with new users. Watch the Fotopic for pictures as soon as I can upload them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home