Friday, March 03, 2006

You won’t fool… the children of the revolution…

Go back to the January/February posts… and you will see I was cleared for commencement of hormone treatment. I was told to allow at least 2-3 weeks for the letter to get from Sandyford to my own doctors. So, having allowed about four weeks, I made an appointment for this afternoon… where, ironically, we discussed another case of bad administration by Ninewells i.e. sending letters to say I wasn’t there (yes, Genetics again…), but I never got the appointment… and also to say that the letter from Sandyford had not yet got there…


So, I left, vowing to chase both these up on Monday.


And I get on the bus, turn the prescription over, and have a look at my repeat prescription reorder sheet. Hmm, it’s sprouted to ten items again… what’s item number 1 – Premarin 1.25mcg tabs…

They’ve got the letter, acted on it, and lost it. Either that, or they are prescribing by blog…


So, having called them back, nothing for Monday, I might be away Tuesday, so appointment is now Wednesday. Remember we were talking about mis-administration?


And, just to show exactly how slimly I managed to get by, I went back out early evening to upload some pictures. Managed a few steps, before my left shoe gave way, tumbling me down a couple of steps to the next landing. The left shoe is now fubar’d – and earlier in the day, I could feel it starting to give way. This was on the left… the last pair was on the right… now I know what you are thinking, I should have kept the last left one, to go with this right one…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home