Wednesday, May 24, 2006

… doh!

… and then she came downhill very quickly, with a clattering bump.

I got into work, and my team coach is now on holiday for two and a bit weeks. After previous warnings about last minute holiday inputs and shift changes (thankfully they no longer change our breaks whilst we are actually taking them - the system breaks too easily now, and the staff who input it have been slimmed down dramatically), I decided to, today, check my shifts for next week, to make sure I got the Wednesday and Thursday off that I applied for, and that I was told should not be a problem. I've got those, but once again, my "fixed" shift has been altered for a public holiday! It happened four weeks ago where the "older" staff were subbed off, and replaced by others. As well, I am required to work Tuesday, when I'm meant to be heading down the A1.

Now, that's one thing. But, despite the writing on our contracts, we are apparently NOT to be paid for these days if we do not work it - not even at single time! Fact - the money you save replacing a member of staff who gets paid the old enhanced rate contract is enough to train a whole new member of staff, provided the person you are scabbing keeps quiet and does not ask any questions for just over 2 years (at 8 bank holidays a year!) I've done a formal letter of complaint - hoping it will make a difference, but there is always hope!

Some of you have asked me why I don't write more about the day job. The truth is, I am too ashamed now! Really I am…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home