Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Where has this been hiding all this time?

Believe it or not, this review of my work was posted way back in August 2004 - and I've only just stumbled across it by accident... anyway, I rather liked this... posted by Humphrey, who's current LiveJournal can be found here...

The internet is a strange and wonderful place. I was in the middle of compiling some rant about Glenrothes when, by chance, I came across this gem of a site

http://www.scotbus.com/index.htm

If you had told me last week of the existence of a webpage devoted to bus-spotting in Dundee run by a Scottish transsexual I would have punched you violently in the stomach and called you a lying bastard. However here it is in all its gruesome detail, a web domain that claims to be ‘more than the average bus-spotting page’. Its funny, when I see a bus, that’s exactly what I see, a large boring people carrier driven extremely badly by some balding obnoxious twat who’s clearly no stranger to a fish supper. Seen through the eyes of someone in the know however, a boring view of a decayed 60’s bus station gains a greater excitement…

... and then he goes on to pick on a few of the captions I wrote for previous pictures (as well as spotting me calling a Citybus 9cc - which was because I forgot to go back and change it!), and also query my observation of the Cupar Town Service that day... which was fine that day, but excessivly late on a previous visit to the town.

Yes, he used to live in St Andrews - how can you tell? Oh well, guess he's not seen the new layout of the bus station - better drop him an email and send him a link to Friday's pictures.

If I plug or mention you anywhere in this blog, feel free to reply in 18 months time too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home