Saturday, June 24, 2006

... Back to work...

So, went back to work, but to make sure that the changes had been made (I'd changed my holiday dates, but the system was wrong before I left), I called to check. Yes, I'm showing as in, 1-9. Not 1-10, but 1-9. Good, I could do with the hour... and my team coach confirmed I'd not get AWOL'd for leaving an hour early. Take it while you can get it!
At work, one noticable issue is the offering of time and a half for overtime (once you work 37.5 hrs a week) - and especially, time and a half is being offered by the new operations manager for anyone willing to lose next Friday night, to come in, to allow some others to go for a team night out! Now, maybe that team are all part-time shifts, who would not usually get something like this, so it's not grudged (not by me, maybe by others!) The way the managers get swapped about, this might be their only chance. But there again, how many people have to miss the first hour or two of team night outs because the "random shift generator" allocates them - conviently - to work it?
Anyway, I digress. Got out at 2100, and Adam mentions the newish Somerfield store that's opened at the top of Brook Street. I've not been out this way for some time, so I went with him for a wander, walked down the last few hundred yards home, and still made it in time to get use of my extra hour!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home