Friday, November 17, 2006

How many journeys do you get on a 6 Journey Card?

Upon boarding Travel Dundee’s Gemini 06 today on the 28's, I still had one journey to use on my 6 journey card, so I stuck the card into the validator... the card reader disagreed! Now, there are six "marks" to be put on each time, and the magnetic backing records each journey, and they are not always "symmetrical", but they do always print... when the fifth space was missed and the machine went to the sixth, I thought nothing of it, knowing that it had only been "dipped" five times. The validator did have an old "Buzz Card" sticker from the last owners of the validator – East Yorkshire it looked like.

Once before on another operator, I remember one of the drivers punched a 10 Journey at the other end of the ticket, but that was 50/50 human error (his error for punching it, my error for not spotting it). This time, it was only the machine that could do wrong, as it's entered the "Buy New Card" reminder along the bottom... never mind, at least Brian (the driver) took it well enough You can see a pic of the card here

…I'm now checking my current Stagecoach Strathtay 10 journey, as a precautionary measure, and I see that following another friendly conductor and DABF member punching Hole #5 on Thursday morning (yes I was up before lunchtime, see above for reason!), the next hole punch was #7... now I'm getting concerned again...

Tickets - the drag of my life!... well, one of them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home