Monday, November 13, 2006

My day

You may remember from a few weeks and months ago, about the letter I’d sent to my former teachers. Well, I got a letter back today that basically said nothing, and challenged me to take the matter further. As a result, I am going to keep quiet on it (here) for now, as I discuss the situation with further qualified people than myself.

On a much more positive note, I had an email back from Mel – the person who’s surgery diary and pictures I linked to on Friday morning. She was full of praise for the surgeon, and his staff, but this bit also caught my eye…

“…Strangely today I was pondering taking down all my diaries and stuff and removing them fro good from the web - your post has made me reconsider that. A long time ago when I was at my lowest and I saw no way forward - I read another girls diary and it made me realise if she could do it I could too in time. I had so many friends who believed in me - in part I wanted to provide a beacon for other girls who might be lost as I was. Anyway - thanks for the post - maybe I'll leave the web pages up…”

…see, if you like something on the web, tell the person who put it there! If it mean a lot to you, it means even more to them if they know too! Yes, you need to move on after a while, but several of us have found this page useful, in wondering what’s going to happen to us. Looks like we will all be well looked after, anyway! (I am now slightly hesitant that I’ve got the right person, not believing that I’ve been so lucky… but I can’t find anyone else by that name or location right now… the only other person who did GRS in Brighton worked from the same hospital, but is long since retired).

Don’t you think it’s weird how someone who’s known me since I was little can’t even talk to me, but someone who’s never met me before can reveal some of their most intimate secrets to me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home