Saturday, December 30, 2006

Another non-stop day

I'd agreed to meet a "friend" in Dundee this morning, before work. I was planning on getting into work a little earlier than a normal Saturday, so I said I'd have to be tight for time. To cut a long story short, I waited for 50 minutes in the bus station for nothing, as he was already in town (I saw him from the corner of my eye later), and he didn't respond to my "where are you?" text until nine hours later, and he was back in Edinburgh! On balance, I could have done without that!

I headed for work, and I had arrived a little bit early (I was due to start at 1300, [edit] was finishing at 1230). In the time between these, two surprises! Firstly, in 2004, I "lost" my old drawer unit, when someone moved it - or so I thought. Someone had found my bottom drawer unit, and noticed some of the things were mine. Oddly enough, the key that I still had no longer worked - so was the drawer really moved all those months ago, or was it just a new lock on it? Anyway, a huge amount of stuff I no longer need - including old timesheets and declined holiday forms in his name amongst others! Second surprise was I've ended the year with yet another new team coach - but I won't see her until the New Year anyway.

Finished at 2200, and made sure I was out on time, for the last time this year. I'd thrown out most of the contents of the drawer, but kept some of the paper and pens, and quite a nice mouse mat too. My last buses for the year were Stagecoach Strathtay 47260 on the 13 to work, and Travel Dundee 167 on the 29 back home.

(later edited)

4 Comments:

At 6:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me a friend.....

 
At 11:15 pm, Blogger Suzy Scott said...

Hi... no problem, but you didn't say who you were! Glad you liked anyway! regards, Suzy

 
At 6:13 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was me Simon...

 
At 5:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I posted the earlier message

Simon - London - :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home