Friday, March 23, 2007

More of the same – x2

Just like Thursday, Friday had a deja-vu feeling about it. Just this time, a few things were different. Trip to see Alex (my counsellor), and work until 2300 afterwards.

54010, the newish Volvo/Plaxton Panther that I got home two weeks ago, is my chariot south to Glasgow this time. Third time I’ve been on one of these fifteen meter long beasts (sorry!), and I’ve only just realised that the seat armrests CAN roll forwards! During the trip, several passengers were still having difficulty with the lights and ventilation! Never mind…

I forgot to mention it here last time, but First Glasgow have a two-journey off-peak ticket for £2.00 – two journeys anywhere (return or transfer) for £2.00 (well almost anywhere, not the X6 and one or two others). As that would do me to/from Sandyford, that was purchased 32600, on the 16 heading west. I only noticed this for the first time about a month ago, but the building occupied by Sandyford used to be the Glasgow Eye Hospital… did you know? We had our usual hour to talk, and I’ve managed to complete the brief overview of space, time, and Suzy’s major life points so far.. lol

In all seriousness, these are proving to be very useful, especially on getting a “third party” opinion on things. Alex noticed that I was noticeably happier this time, and getting that way every time I’ve visited her so far! The time was also used to talk about my future, including a few things that I’d not said to anyone else so far… hopes, worries, fears, or just being delusional? A bit of everything I think! I go back again in three weeks.

I thanked Alex for yet another useful session, and left the centre. First Glasgow Service 57 is now terminating in Sauchiehall Street opposite Sandyford Place i.e. back to the “old” arrangement (thus meaning if you want dropped off opposite the centre, you won’t need to walk around the block in the rain…) 61024 took me into town, got a few things, before taking the subway up to Buchanan Street (car 206 – one of the to-be-refurbished trailers), and then 54008 took me north on the M8 back to Dundee at 1330. In heading to work, I was in Whitehall Street looking for a bus, and then walking-and-looking-at-something-else meant that a Travel Dundee driver walked right into me. Oops!

In tonight’s Evening Telegraph,there was a letter from one of my colleagues, complaining about Service 14. This wasn't sent in by me, but I know who sent it in. The letter said...

"WE ARE angry and irate workers for Site in Dundee’s technology park.

The Travel Dundee 14 bus is constantly 20 minutes late, making us late for work.

Several of us have emailed and telephoned Travel Dundee to no avail.

We are angry this has been on-going since November, with no explanation.

A dozen or more workers are hit. — Sitel Employees."


Unfortunatly, Travel Dundee have given us the brush-off...

Stuart Henry, corporate affairs manager, said, “Firstly we would like to thank the readers who took the time to raise issues surrounding our 14 bus service.

“Comments from our customers are vital if we are to continue to operate an efficient network across the city.

“With regards to the general level of service, Travel Dundee, like all other road users, experienced huge problems during the days of the recent heavy snowfall which we saw in the city. This adverse weather impacted on the timetables of all our services throughout that two-day period.

“With regards to the 14 service, in particular, we would like to urge those passengers who have raised direct concerns surrounding the service, to contact us directly by phoning us on (01382) 201121 or, if easier, email us at mailbox@traveldundee.co.uk with the specific times and dates that it’s claimed the services were operating late.

“If there is a larger issue, then we would be very happy to meet with the complainants to ensure a positive outcome.

“We are constantly monitoring our bus services and are committed to providing a first-class service.”

It would appear that the manager in question is based at Travel West Midlands head office in Brum, where there was snow recently! As my own boss then said when I tried to explain this… “What f******g snow?”

So, 2300, finished, home – for now – and I get to stay in bed for an extra hour before going out tomorrow. Yey!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home