Wednesday, January 18, 2006

How to turn around my week - for the better!

I've just realised... I never did finish off my blog post from the 8th of March - International Womans Day, date of announcement of the first set of Scottish Executive Bus Route Development Grangt Funding (i.e. Kick-Start) - but it's also the last time I was through in Glasgow for a medical appointment. Last time I was at Carswell House, and I was awaiting a medical testing prior to commencement of hormone treatment. Now, this is what I'd been awaiting for a while. As I posted on Saturday, a short-notice appointment arrived from Sandyford, for this afternoon.

So, got to Dundee Bus Station in time for 1305. I've now seen 956 in Stagecoach colours - with "strathtay" lettering exactly like the old logo, with the shading and shaping removed, and a Stagecoach beachball on one end. The bus has got the right plate back - when shown on Scotlandbus, it was shown at Kilmarnock after painting i.e. with R596 TSL instead of R956 TSL. Now fixed, but IMHO the red at the back should be wider - not too wide, but proportionatly the blue at the front is ok. The red just looks a little silly.

Anyway, to Glasgow, and arrived around 3pm. It was a fine day for it when I left Dundee, but wind and rain sweep down on me from above as I left Buchanan to head up the far end of Sauchiehall Street. The centre is opposite the 57 bus terminus, as it happens, as a result there were Gemini's, PS's and Scania's sitting their on stand (it's also where the x78 commences from in the afternoon, as I saw one there on the way home!)

Met up with two doctors, Doctor Carr once more, and a second who has came down from Gartnavel Hospital to get a bit of experience in all other clinics. Following a brief discussion and update on all events, the blood tests were done (including two additional bottles for a Glasgow University project into the effects of hormones on transwomen), and all six bottles are now on their way, for me to go back on the 1st February.

VG, but via Argyle Street, St Enoch Travel Centre and Buchanan Street, before stopping off at St Vincent Street i.e. here, to do this, and the rest. I'm going home on the 1830 M9.

Well, that's a good way to pick up the week!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home