Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Work... now getting somewhat silly!

I don't talk about work here - well, not a lot. There's not a lot to say - we take calls, and we still don't know for definate how long it will be before we go "offshore". The most recent events will happen no matter who we are working for, though.
On Saturday, the door handle on the rest room fell off. Now, it's been hanging off for well over two months - maybe even a bit dodgy going back to the end of last year. No-one had reported it, as far as I was aware. (There are plenty of other things we can complain about first, if it came to it!). On Saturday, myself and a few others got locked in when the door shut, and there was no handle on the inner side. Later on Saturday night, someone else got totally locked in. By that time, there was no handle on either side.
Management came in during this past week, and (yesterday) decreed that this was vandalisim.
Yes, I'm being serious. The room had been closed yesterday - leaving late shift people with no eating facilities - all because management assumed we'd broken it. As they'd never needed to use it (they usually leave around the same time the canteen closes), they'd never noticed the door handle coming loose...
I was asked to sign a statement saying what I'd seen, but I don't like the idea of blank cheques, if you get my drift. So, in the meantime, I've widended it into a complaint about the run-down of the facilities that I've seen in the last three and a half years, and therefore I'll shut up about it until then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home