Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Glasgow & Dundee

As I posted a few months back, I was to come back after two/three months to the Sandyford Initiative, where I had last been in January/February this year. A lot has happened since then, and this i the “drop in on the first Tuesday of the month” clinic, hence no appointment. I did have a card, just in case work changed my shift… and what duly happened? You could almost say this is writing you material. On the way into Glasgow, a truck had shed its load on the M8 at Townhead, with what looked like a truck load of ladders. No signs of any snakes, after all the First management probably didn’t want to come out of Larkfield! (Lol)

The clinic was closed the day before (it doubles up as a clinic for a variety of other issues, including a family planning/morning after clinic), hence it was very busy. After a medium wait (i.e. not the worst I’ve ever had at the hands of the nhs – try six hours in A&E at North Middlesex Hospital), John (who saw me last time) called me in. I explained the loss of the letter at the hands of my doctors, but he was glad that they had prescribed the hormones after all. This was a co-incidental week, as it was 12 weeks since I saw him last, and one day short of eight weeks since the first dose (and I’d just started another pack). After some discussion of how things are going, he’s said I can double the dose of oestrogen I am taking – now that was a sort of surprise, but given that there has been no negative side effects, and mild positive ones, it’s worth carrying on.

On the way home, saw the Miller Glasgow Comedy Festival liveried open top Metrobus from City Sightseeing Glasgow, an advertisement for XFM Scotland which I liked… and then as I was taking this, I could swear I heard a Leyland Atlantean climbing North Hanover Street… and I was right! It was former LA1204, which is usually based at the GVVT at Bridgeton. It was displaying 100, which is weird too because the 100 (SECC & City Centre) used to pass up this way…

I headed back to the bus station, just passing in time to see a Trident on the 88 heading north – still with Route 11 branding (see yesterdays blog post), and with no working destination display… talk about rubbing their face in it!

Just in time before I got the bus home, met the West End Poet - who tells me work have had him working hard on lots of things. I’m sure he will post it all up in time.

On the way home, I saw a new Strathtay Trident – one of the four at Blairgowrie – prepping for the 1530 short run to Muirhead, on the 59. I went out to Seagate to snap it, after the bus was delayed by a regular drunken “passenger” who became less than vertical four times on the stance, and then attempted to land a punch on one of the stance spares… anyway, the new Alexander-Dennis Tridents are something for another day, as I’m happy enough today!

The Tridents are the only new buses currently on order for Strathtay, after the original company order for four Volvo B7’s was vetoed by the new management. Having said that, it is not the only Stagecoach investment in the City though, as Fife are about to launch the updated Service 99/99A/99B group (Dundee – St Andrews), using Bus Route Development Grant funding for more buses, and eight new MAN/ALX200 low floor buses. The total investment in the twelve new buses is expected to leave little change from two million pounds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home