Thursday, May 25, 2006

More on work

Following the letter, and discussions, and everything else that happened today, the response from ClientLogic (the company who Search, the agency, have us working at, doing work for BT Business Broadband) said that the fixed four day week contract amendment was just an agreement between me and the campaign, and they are still entitled to change my shift on occasions like this.

i.e. when they feel like it, or when they can save money by doing so.

OK, maybe so. That's the last time I'm doing that manager any favours - and I did come in at 8am was it? on a Saturday, just a few months ago…

Re the pay rate, the agency were then going to take it up with their own managers, and let me know tomorrow by phone… and they know about the interview, so they've promised to leave me a voicemail.

I went back to my own person who is covering for our team coach, and he's quite willing to get my days changed back (for next week) to how they should have been. That's good, but the management response doesn't inspire confidence, does it? No real interest in the issues of replacing staff with staff, no real interest in what happens if someone walks out…

I've now lost the will to continue. You know when you get to the point where there is one moment that just pips you over the "I want out of here" swing-o-meter? I have been working there since October 2002, and I do like the people there, and the job's ok, and the money is bad for what we do, but for the locality it's quite good.

I've got just about everything crossed for tomorrow… and it might not be much, but it's always going to be a start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home