Thursday, May 18, 2006

Work - new job?

Whilst my application for the job I mentioned last Friday has to be in tommorrow (I'll fax it over, as I got the form yesterday), the role of Operations Manager at my work is about to go up for grabs. Well, can you imagine me at it? Did you ever see the movie Filofax (which then later was released as Taking Care Of Business) ?

In it, a convicted felon breaks out of jail to go and see a baseball game - well, Chicago Cubs in the World Series - despite the tickets being for the opposing end, and getting his jailbirds to help by pretending he's been kidnapped until they get to watch the game - and oatmeal cookies twice a week... He finds a marketing executive's filofax book, with his life in it, and starts living as him. In a marketing meeting with clients, he beats the japanese boss at tennis, despite the "real" person being under strict instructions to lose! Later, in a meeting, he rips apart the quality of their products, in front of all the directors, who are usually used to being told what they want to hear...

"I think your oatmeal sucks. nobody likes it. It tastes like dirt. chewy dirt.

Your bologna tastes like rubber. You have to smother it with mustard, so you don't taste it. but not your mustard'cause your mustard tastes like shit.


Your frosted flakes have half the sugar that Tony the Tiger's does.

And your bread just rips apart. Just try spreading peanut butter on it... right in your hands.".....

"Your potato chips are pretty good, but then again I like greasy food.

lt's not bad that you sell cheap stuff. not everybody can afford a box of fruit Loops.

but you shouldn't call it high quality foods, 'cause it isn't.

big sak, if you want to be honest, you should call it Low quality foods. but you don't want to do that... Why don't you try calling it something like Affordable foods. Or change the ''best there is'' thing to, ''high quality food because you ca afford it.''..

(thanks to the person who put the script online!)

Now, that's honest. Everyone I've spoken to at work and online tonight thinks I'd be good for the job - and that's exactly why I won't get it. Lack of experience may also be a problem, but I do just about meet quite a few of the caetgories... lets just see how the rest of this month plays out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home