Sunday, August 06, 2006

Day 10 - St Andrews and back via Glenrothes

For the last day of my holiday, I had a slightly different trip to St Andrews. It's the first day of the Lammas Fair, it's the weekend of a battle re-enactment at St Andrews Castle, and it is also a chance to see some of the St Andrews Stagecoach fleet parked up at Petheram Bridge. Because of the reconstruction work at the Bus Station, some buses stay overnight at the car park, and on Sundays when less buses are needed, they can park there all day.

Started off with MAN 22400 on the 99A from Dundee to the back of St Andrews bus station - to the temporary stance for "town services" i.e. 91 Scooniehill Circular, 92 to David Russell Hall, as well as 99/99A around Bogward & David Russell Hall, and 99B to John Knox Road.

I had a look around the town. It was the first time I'd been into St Andrews Castle, and there was quite a lot to see, especially looking out onto the shore and beyond! Said society had a personalised trailer, and had chosen to act out a different scneario every hour from 1200 to 1500. The latter was titled "Capture The Bishop" with the description "Angered by Lamberton's support for the Bruce, Edward orders that he be captured and brought before him in chains. Expecting this, the scots have a small force ready to protect the bishop. Let battle comence!" These pictures probably would have been better if I had a working zoom on the camera - there are more on the Fotopic if you want them.

Before taking the "long way" home, I had a look at Petherham Bridge, to have a look at some Stagecoach buses parked up there when spare. As I said above, on Sundays, they are not needed, so can be snapped up in daylight. Pictures start here. I then took Volvo coach 52476 on the X24, then similar 52481 on the X54 from Glenrothes back to Dundee.

When I got home, I started clicking on links, and I found Waiting For Lunchtime - The Tube Quiz. It's a quiz that you can fill in, if you think you can remember every London Underground station, on the right lines, in the correct order. I was able to do the Piccadilly Line quite well, some other outer and central bits, but a few that I got wrong were plain "silly". I will remember them now, of course! Thanks to Iain for supplying that one.

Now, back to work tommorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home