Monday, September 25, 2006

Monday's not too good either...

I was off work again today, as I wasn’t feeling hugely better. The Out-of-Hours (see Saturday’s blog) did say to see my own doctors, if no improvements after 24 hours. There was some, but not a lot of improvement. Although I didn’t need to use my inhalers as much, the coughing & choking was there, so I called to try and arrange an appointment early this morning. Got offered one for tomorrow, at 0900. I accepted this, but then got a call back (I’m not normally answering the phone right now, but as I recognised the doctor’s number on caller display, it was worth doing so). They said that my appointment had now been cancelled, and offered me one for FRIDAY… adding another three days to it! After a brief explanation of what happened on Saturday, I got offered (eventually) an appointment for 1640 tomorrow. I’ve since learned that the NHS Scotland standards say that I should be able to be seen by a doctor within two days, which I’d deem to be acceptable, i.e. not the above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home