Sunday, October 22, 2006

Another Annoyed Commuter

… dated last Monday (16th)…

An Open Letter to Orange Line Employees

This is from another upset commuter, who has posted about the MBTA (Boston, USA) transit system, and complaining about being bunged off a train and onto a bus, when the trains break down. But, this bit did catch my eye (and as a former Tube foot solider, my heart, too…)

"I was watching CNN during the London subway bombing. You know what I remember most vividly? You could see, quite clearly, that even though there was thick black smoke pouring out of the Underground Station they were broadcasting from, there was a sign, a huge, full-color sign, apologizing for the delay and explaining that there'd been an attack.

Do you see what I'm getting at? Even though someone had set off a bomb, those train employees had the sense and the decency to make a sign, print a sign, and post a sign explaining what was going on to their passengers. In the middle of a terrorist attack, they did more for their customers than you lazy s***heels would do after free coffee and sandwiches on a sunny Wednesday afternoon. And hell, if someone ever did attack the T, they could blow Haymarket station right off the face of the planet, and you'd still only have that creepy old-Cylon voice annouce it as a "moderate delay." "

... because during my time on the Tube, I always remember the Americans loved us. One father & son even thanked me the day after I'd pointed them in the direction of the correct night bus, after they'd got the last Piccadilly Line in from Heathrow on a Sunday night into Monday morning (the one with no connections).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home