Monday, October 30, 2006

A different Monday

Monday started well enough, and I got to Ninewells for my appointment… only to be told that Sally had to dash away to pick up her daughter from school. So, in place, one of the other speech therapists, Jan, talked to me instead. I’m still at the same place as I was before, and obviously there is still a lot of work to do. What I’d found quite interesting about this visit was that we spent most of the time talking about me, what I’ve been doing so far, a bit about the trans stuff (she and Sally both see about half each, but they don’t share notes, and she didn’t know anything else about me). I started to explain that I’d be back the following day i.e. Tuesday, for a genetics appointment… and then I explained why… turns out she does work with HD patients too, so we were able to have a talk about how I felt about it all, what I understood of it, and other consequences and ethical issues., and it did make for a very interesting morning – not to mention setting me up well for tomorrow. She did notice that I sounded a little anxious or nervous, maybe not those words, but something very similar. I explained that I’d had times earlier in the month… but that I was over all that now, and I thought I’d started to move on. Having said that, this is going to be a busy week!

Work was mundane by comparison.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home