Tuesday, December 12, 2006

… it’s Steve In The City – Again!…

[edit]

Now, there are things that have happened in the last few days that are still sinking in. Having said all that, I got another call from Steve Parker. You may remember what I dubbed “Steve In The City” from the end of March, where he delivered a Daimler saloon from Dyce to a place near London? Well, they’d given him another job today – to take a BMW from London to Aberdeen Airport, and he was about an hour from Dundee… then he asked “why didn’t you answer your landline?”
SS “Well, I’m in Dundee, but I’m not at home”…
SP “Oh?”
SS “Yes, there’s a new special person in my life…”
SP “Congratulations…


… so, he started heading towards Dundee, after a rant about roadworks, and he put the postcode into the built-in BMW SatNav. I finished getting ready to go out [edit]

When he arrived, he started complaining about the “stupid American woman”, as well as the wind and the rain, which was on his last visit! The car was a brand new 56 plate, and looked fairly good for the part. His schedule was tighter than the last one (on the last one, he’d flown up and was driving back – this time, he was driving up, and had a flight booked for about six hours later), so we stopped to talk about things over a coffee at Tesco Riverside. I managed to talk nicely so he’d drop me off at my flat, saving a walk back along Riverside Drive in the wet! Pictures here.

(later edited)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home