Saturday, December 23, 2006

Saturday before Christmas

Let down by the take-away that I usually visit on Saturdays (it was closed!), I had just enough time to make it to the Nethergate in time for the 76. Two minutes later on Saturdays, and it makes all the difference! I'm sure the driver had a Santa hat on...

... an interesting story made it to today's Courier, and it was about some of the staff at my place not being paid before Christmas. The article was true, and although I wasn't affected, but [edit] was. What the article did not mention is that the majority of staff who were getting paid on the 19th, ended up getting paid on the 21st instead, and some didn't clear the funds until the next day. I kind of hoped someone would spill the beans to the press - because, some may remember that those on agency contracts, myself included, almost never got paid this time last year too (some got caught up in both of these situations). On that occasion, the agency did respond with a same-day transfer for everyone, and the Contract Manager was not seen of around again (which was a shame, as I liked her!)

(later edited)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home