Thursday, February 15, 2007

There's a bus shelter in the car park...

As if this week could not get any more surreal... it just did.

I missed this, presumably either because I've been off, or a non-smoker! The number of times I recently heard the smokers amongst work making references to buses in the north-east - most notably around Inverurie, lead me to question Ian... and, yes, out in the car park, we now have the bus shelter that used to be at Inverurie Town Hall. I still had a bit of my "lunch" break left at this point, so I went out for a look.

You won't see it driving past along Riverside Avenue, because it has been placed into the former brick smoke shelter. However, if you walk around and try look at it from the car park side, you will see it there. The timetables are fairly fresh, dated 13 November 2006. The audio unit has been removed, however (if it was in there in the first place - the picture doesn't show the area clearly).

In the background of this picture, you can see what the bus shelter looked like, before it came "doon tha road". Irony of this being... I got on a 493 there back in August, on the way to Ellon (to change for Fraserburgh). Until now, I was probably the only person from my place of work to have used that shelter... until now...

... and by the way, the old ones (that were replaced as part of Dundee SmartBus) from Apollo Way West ended up at Lathalmond, Explorer Road North/South in Dunkeld and Aberfeldy. So, why did we get one from up north? Well, it turns out that Trueform (contractors for Dundee City Council) are currently installing some new kit for Aberdeenshire Council too. So, look out for more Aberdeenshire shelters around the city soon?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home