Thursday, February 08, 2007

Not what I wanted

Today, my headache came & went a few times, but I was still upset. I was back to upset over everything, including things I could not change about myself. These things have came and gone in the past, and recently I've often put them down to something else happening in my life at the time. I always try to put the bad things behind me, and carry on. Just recently, there have been too many of the bad times. This has happened too often, so I can admit that I am feeling very depressed at times. I managed to get an appointment with one of my own doctors for 1650. Remember I said last month that if I felt bad two days running I would seek further help?

I tried to explain the basics of what had gone wrong. As ever when I get depressed, I couldn't quite explain things in my usual way, I didn't feel right. It almost went back to how I used to be - less confident, but I ploughed on with it. The doctor said that he doesn't just prescribe things easily, but we had a talk about how I felt. I didn't explain any specific incidents, and they had previously known about a few. (It's a while since I've been there). As a first step, he has prescribed me with anti-depressants, from now, and wants to see me again in two weeks. He knows they probably won't be working for me in two weeks, but they've not had the letter yet to make the changes recommended previously at my last visit to Sandyford.

So, back home, but as I leave the doctors, it's cold and wet! The hailstones are coming down, and the snow lying made a combination with the slope that defeated several cars! I got the 1704 Stagecoach Strathtay bus 73 from the stop after Ninewells about 1710ish. Naturally with the dark, hail/snow, cold temperatures, and hills/slopes, traffic was slow. Glamis Road took out several cars - on the shallower part at the top... before continuing to the Perth Road area. From the top of Roseangle all the way through to the ring road (East Marketgait) was gridlocked. We finally got to the High Street at 1750 - almost at the time of the next 73A service due 30 minutes later... if you thought that was bad, I saw the 2 Dryburgh (Travel Dundee bus) leaving town at what I thought was the right time for it (1730ish). The 2 is a half hourly service, which leaves town on the hour, and half past. Around 1745, another 2 Dryburgh went up - so the one before was either 25-30 minutes late, or this one was early...

... No one could be early in this sort of weather. It might explain the reason there had been a late notice cancellation - otherwise there was not going to be anything until Monday! Back to today, and despite the delay, I had time to get the prescription from Boots (late opening Thursday) before the store closed. Ironically the person doing the checking noticed that I almost ended up with the wrong box of pills... no idea what would have happened if I'd had something different, as it's "new" and I'd not had them before! I headed back home.

In other news... I heard today that Stephen Parascandolo, webmaster of the Unofficial Croydon Tramlink website , died yesterday morning in a car accident. Mark Hatton, technical webmaster, broke the news late last night on the site...

"This evening I was contacted by Mark Parascandolo, Stephen's brother, who informed me that unfortunately Stephen passed away in a car accident this morning. He asked me to post a message to the website to let everyone know as soon as possible. I don't have any more information at this time, but if the family wish me to post any further information, I will gladly do so."

If you look through the website, you will get a feel for the passion and interest Stephen had for what he did. He lived slightly away from the system (latterly living further away), but this did not change things. The site was most useful to enthusiasts and passengers alike. RIP.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home