Monday, February 05, 2007

As one way opens, another remains closed

When I was out yesterday, I was fairly certain that I saw the road put back into one place in the City Centre, ready for reopening the Whitehall Street bus stops today. Guess what happened? There's another hole there today, so diversions continue! The bus before my one to work was running seven minutes late (I was heading for the shop before hand, or I would have gone for it), then my bus to work somehow managed to turn up 14 minutes late - rendering me late for work! The one after that was... four minutes early! There are some things I can't even explain, let alone start to understand...

... I wanted to get back to smiling at everyone at work today, and on the way there, and back... managed it a bit, but tomorrow is another day!

Away from Dundee City... it was MINUS 20 (when including wind chill) in the Rochester (NY, USA) area today. At that temperature, you can develop frostbite on open skin in around thirty minutes. Ouch...

... and, slightly more closer to home, several friends had been waiting on dates to see surgeon Thomas (see previous notes). Zoe now has hers, and it is still April as originally planned. As she has spent quite a bit of time with the now-recuperating Aunty Sarah back in January, she knows what to expect.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home