Saturday, February 03, 2007

Links etc.

I have added a few more links to the right-hand side bars. Although this is a continual process, I thought I'd mention a few of those that I have added today. None of these are new sites (two are new to me), but they are fairly useful in their own right.

Dundee Lift Share is a part of the Liftshare network, specifically designed for this part of the world. Ideal if you cannot find suitable public transport, and you get the feeling that it is a journey someone else would be making.

Traveline Scotland is a Scotland-wide journey planner, which can plan your journey between places or postcodes.

Under blogs, I have added Driving A Bus, which is the story of a Stagecoach South bus driver. I did the 700 back in April last year (see my Fotopic) - from Brighton all the way to Portsmouth, almost on one journey - but swapped from the single to the double behind it at Worthing (the single wasn't going all the way anyway). Since then, the Olympians have been replaced by Tridents, and the service level increased to cope with an increased passenger load. Jimmy is a fairly recently qualified driver, and has commented on the 700 as well as the more local stuff.

There is also Working At Food Place, which is the diary of a supermarket worker, at an unspecified supermarket. Lots of explained (reasoned) rants about customers and fellow staff make it a very interesting read.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home