Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The bits I missed earlier

I managed to miss out (believe it or not) a couple of important bits from my posts. I gave you an introduction last time, so I’d better do the same again. Caroline Mathieson was born 47 and a bit years ago in Irvine, but was educated in Dundee at Kirkton High School (now Baldragon Academy). After graduating from Dundee University, she has largely lived south of the border. She works as a software engineer in Meldreth, and lives in Royston, Hertfordshire - 45 miles north of London. She is also in transition herself. In the last few years, she has taken to walking pilgrimages in Europe, and has already walked 300km in March this year on a Spanish Camino. She has a website on such things, but I will add the link once it is back online – hosted on her own Apache server at home, ran on a Mac! I met her initially via an online support group (yes, another nutty romance, in more ways that one! Lol), and she has been fantastically supportive to me this year – despite only knowing me online. When I was depressed back in January, it is no exaggeration that she was first to respond to my messages. She did drive a 4x4, but recently collected a S-reg metallic silver Ford Ka from a relative in Angus… and stopped in Dundee on the way home, where we first met in the flesh on a Sunday (and a Monday…)

Now you may be wondering – again – about the age gap. As I’ve said before, I’ve no idea when or how the HD will take over my body (if ever at all), so I may not be myself at that age. I’d rather enjoy myself now. All three people who have loved and cared for me in my recent past may be from the same vintage, but their backgrounds could not be more diverse. There are other coincidences and situations between them too, but that is all an irrelevancy. I’m on a “learning curve” in some respects, but I am also climbing out a rut in some ways. That may sound bad, but it’s almost as if all the recent developments over the year have awaken something deep inside me. Something that has ever had the chance to get out, largely because I didn’t see myself in the right body (initially). In the last three months, I have changed quite a bit – just read back on the blog. Some of the meds that made me upset are on the way out. I’ve got what I’ve hoped most of my life for, coming later this year. I’ve had wonderful people to help and support me. I am happy with life. Caroline is also very happy at the moment, new(ish) car, just back from holiday etc. – you know the sort.

Speaking of love, Jay's “letter from America” has arrived (well it was an email) – “Suzy, it is so wonderful you are so happy...and in Love!!!. I wish the two of the all the happness in the world. I have always told you you are a great lady, and now you have someone in your life that feels as I have all along”.

I do want to talk here in the coming weeks more about my own personal feelings and how I see the future, my (our) future. Just because I’ve not got time to type it all up right now doesn’t mean I’ve not been deep in thought.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home