Monday, April 02, 2007

Wide awake

The Megabus headed north, and I drifted in and out of sleep, before falling asleep totally. I woke up to the news that we were getting a 30-minute stop at Hamilton Services until 0730, so went for a coffee in Costa. OK, when we were at Clackett Lane, Caroline was sat opposite me. Couldn’t do that this time, did take a look at her picture often enough though! Anyway, we got into Glasgow, left at 0830. There had been an accident on the M876, so we got into Dundee ten minuets down at 1035.

I got home, and tried to get the pictures off the camera card (apparently you need to eject the device on a Mac before removing the card in a card reader. On a pc, you only need to remove it to change the reader, not the card). Lots of technical issues here! No chance – but then I remembered that the photo kiosk got them off the night before. Took the card to Boots, and burned the lot onto a PictureCD for £2.99. Then, headed for my usual web café, only to find it is closed (being a Dundee public holiday). I was able to get access via MBE in the end, and upload all the pictures from the weekend. You can see them all here.


So, to work I went for 1500. I logged in, but then was called away to a meeting. There is going to be a reshuffle of management by new bosses, but (once again) the agents come out almost unscathed. After I had my visit to the meeting, I became “crowd control”, gathering people for the meetings and showing them through to the correct meeting room. I’ve not done crowd control since my underground days! Lol surreal or what?

Anyway, made it to the end of the day, and out. Called Caroline on the way home (too much noise in the background of the Dart I was on – now I know why they were called sheds)…

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home