Saturday, May 07, 2005

Web hosting

Week past Friday, I set up a trial web hosting package with Evohosting. While looking at the possibilities for moving the website, and a few other things, onto a new server, I tried a "sample" pack from them (these are charged by the month, or three months). I liked what I saw, so upgraded to a more heavyweight package, and was refunded the price I'd already paid for the "sample" Micro pack - effectivly giving me eight days free service... ScotBus.com will soon be on the move - if you see a pink warning box, bookmark the temporary address i.e. www.scotbus.ourflat.co.uk which will be active while the domain is shifting. Once ScotBus.com starts showing a green warning box, it has moved to the new host, and you can ditch the temporary address. This means I can get away from my hosts of three years - and bb guns on my 404 pages, and charging £10 to change your name on WhoIs, and their mail order company selling items with leaking batteries then denying it was their problem... In such circumstances, where all replies are issued from a "copy and paste" book, there is no point in arguing - just don't use their services any more, do not buy from them... But I am still a member of their "Platinum Club" - yes, only because a one-year subscription with free gift cost £7.50, and the free gift was something I needed, and it cost £9.99 to buy it separately! So, if you want the full story on any of these topics, please feel free to come and speak to me, although please make sure we are both on lunch, as it will take a while to explain what these incompetent buggers get up to with my web presence and money!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home