Saturday, December 17, 2005

Mind numbing Saturday

I forgot to mention... this was on the BT website, the day that it was announced that our jobs are off to Banning-lore.
How outsourcing can streamline your business
"Around 50 per cent of UK businesses currently outsource some of their business functions and the practice has grown in popularity as an efficient way to accomplish more at a lower cost..."
Who's idea of a sick joke was that? Is someone getting off on these?
Aah well, at least it's NOT a case of "Do as we say, not do as we do". Which is nice. Aaagh...
I got home last night, and you know how I felt? Virtually worthless. Here's the almightly client at one side threatening me (see above re phone bill which was a little excessive after charging for free calls), then moving our jobs elsewhere. When I work part of my day off to try to reclaw some cash, I end up not being paid for the previous week (although that was resolved - I still don't know why). I'm not even sure that I was paid correctly, as the amount didn't seem much more than the last week when I'd worked less. The customers are already telling us how this will contribute to the downfall of the company, and the fact I cannot change ANYTHING from this week is kind of futile. On the other hand, customers who complain about our accents etc. will have fun in the new year.
For now, you might like to see where our work is going. For the benefit of those of you not mad enough to have already googled it, HCL is a company based in Delhi. I cannot link to a page of theirs, as the site is mostly written in flash. In the meantime, have a read of the Guardian article from last year...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home