Saturday, December 10, 2005

This Moment Had To Come

Yeah, I've been quiet of late. My mother is in hospital (again, after her second stroke this year!), my little sister is now engaged to Luke, my phone line is down (sort of my fault but I'm too broke to even think straight!), the Christmas & New Year leaflets are done (paid for this year by Dundee City Council), and although most things are working, strage surprises hit me every day.
So, what's different to anything else? Well, who remembers my April blog post about HD?
Yes, we all knew this day would come.
It's coming on Monday.
How did this all start? Well, remember four years ago I was admitted to North Midx Edmonton for urology? Well, then I moved, twice, and then had to see everyone up at Ninewells. Urology passed me to Neurology, who were a little bit "interested" that my dad had this genetic condition. Eventually, I've spent a few days this year at Ninewells trying to get tested. After a trip via Pshychiatry as well, the blood was taken, and on Monday at 1015 - no, change that, it's now 1200 (not a huge difference in the sphere of things), I will know.
It is a one-in-two chance I will either have this (positive), or negative. In the positive case, that is al it says. I may never get as bad as my dad, or I may get so much worse. In the negative case, then I am cleared for life. Maybe not as much of an issue for me, but any children of mine would also be clear. If I've understood that correctly, but as I say, it's probably not to be a concern of mine. If I am clear, this lets me start 2006 with something lifted off of my shoulders. A huge weight, that has been there for a decade. If it's positive, then it just gives me something to think about i.e. one daay you might like to go for a driving licence, because another day you will lose it.
I've pointed a few people to this blog spot. I am at home tommorrow, and then off Sunday. Monday test results so off all day, Tuesday not in work anyway, should be back on Wednedsday.

What do I want from you? Nothing in particular, in fact even any religious thoughts might already be too late (i.e. it's already decided years gone by, before the mum-to-be even realises she's late). I really do not know how I will react either way, so expect the unexpected for a few days. I promise to blog when I get a chance about how I got on. This time four years ago was probably the lowest point of my life, and I don;t want to return there. Nothing I can do or say will change Monday's result, so I'm going into it for a 50/50 shot.
love & kind regards
Suzy xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home