Sunday, September 04, 2005

Sunday night

Used the evening to catch up on some of the blogging that's been ignored over the last few weeks. So what have I been up to? In addition to all that I've posted above, and the trips that you will find (bus) pictures for on my Fotopic site, a fair amount has happened in my own life. August was good, as the new shifts are really starting to work out for me. Well, having an extra day off each week (paid leave) put four days to three, which I suppose helped. Lots of miles, as I literally went north to Fraserburgh/Peterhead, and south almost as far as Newcastle. My mother is still keeping in touch, but I still don't know what's converted her to my cause. I'm not asking right now, because it could change back again - it's happened before. Broadband will be down until further notice, as my last provider are now being a pain. Not content with closing the call centre I used to work in (although they've moved to Enfield), and moving the work to India, they demand free reign over your bank account, don't take any money, then blame you for not paying! Ofcom complaint pending, but before anyone else points the obvious, I am unable to get a certain cable provider called Telewest to provide where I live, otherwise I'd too be after two thousand channels, ten gig a second downloads, and all the phone calls for ten pence a week. Well, I know it's no-where near it, but you know what I mean...

On a more serious note, Steve Parker has had a stroke (he tells me the fags and coffee were not to blame!), meaning he's lost his driving licence, and has thus moved back to his family in Wales. The picture I took was just a week and a half before this happened, and subsequently he tells me he was causing trouble in Hillingdon Hospital for two weeks. That sounds right, but on a recent telephone chat, it was obvious this has really shaken him up. All the best mate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home