Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I look at Ninewells, to have a look at me

Was I dreaming, or did things work out today?

Today's early start was for a trip to Ninewells, aplty enough in the depths of the lower levels. My mother had agreed to come with me, but after the 17 arrived at Ninewells without her (this was the bus she was meant to be getting on, as was I - but I ended up in a taxi as I didn't feel too awake!), I tried calling her. She didn't answer (at home), so no-one there. Just as I do so, a 22C pulls in, with her on it. She had missed the 17, so got the 15 nine-and-a-half-minutes later to town, then changed to a 9X... until Whitehall Street, and then she decided to get off for the 22C. The 9X was waiting its time, but did get here earlier. Anyway, still arrived on time.

Test went well - nothing unusual in place. Perhaps relieved on that score.
there was no real pain. The camera tube resembled a garden hose on sight (I've never had one of those in up my ****...), and actually it was the air that caused mild cramps, but again I've had worse without any medical assistance.

Afterwards, mum was asking how this felt to know there was nothing concerning there. Fair enough, but it still left some questions unanswered. Questions we may never know the answer to, on unrealted problems. So, we chatted for a bit in the cafe, and then headed into town, so I could head home, and she could get some party baloons for some religious kids club type thing she runs on Tuesdays. She was telling me of the rest of the family - Dad is doing well (as well as can be expected I suppose), Timothy has graduated, and my little sister now working in a nursery. I didn't bring up the time my sister poured a bag of icing sugar over the carpet and walls, as mum brings this up often enough.

And, before we ask - no objections, even when the nurses called me in. It seems as if she was prepared for this. Towards the end, she started calling me Timothy, then cycling through all the names, and I said "come on, keep going..." but she knew what I meant.

Why did all this happen?

Sometimes I wonder if there is a deeper meaning to these things. Was my pain and suffering just a way to find to bring us closer again? Lets hope it lasts. I came home, had a lie down, went online, and then went to bed again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home