Monday, August 08, 2005

You think you know someone....

It has to be said - I've been doing a lot of soul searching recently. A lot of questioning - everyone and everything. I was explaining the forthcoming procedure (tommorrow) to a friend from the USA. She suggested I took someone with me. Yeah, short notice, but who? She then suggested my mother. OK, she did know the history of this. It kind of appealed to me, because of future testing etc. that will happen, then it might be nice to see how she reacts to me beforehand. Or at least, that's what I would think.

I called her up, and asked what she's doing tommorrow. Not a lot, in the morning at least. Oh good, I said. Can you come to Ninewells? I then explained what was happening, and she agreed.

Now, by the end of the call, she's still not called me Andrew, or anything else, so we are doing well. I don't know what's happened, has someone talked her round to my way of thinking?

Well, it should (hopefully) all be good tommorrow. Today I've just been at home, managing to run between here and the loo, whilst the medication does its worst. To someone like me, it seems a bit mad taking all this. If it helps them see anything better, then so be it, but it's a bit like making you suffer even more before they find anything - or, hopefully not. Incidentlly, the medicine managed to burst out the envelope on the way here. So, the recent losses from the posted items to me include one Travel West Midlands leaflet, some more local timetables, and two sachets of industrial strength laxatives. Sounds like a nice weekend for someone in the sorting office...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home