Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Supposed to be a rest day, again

Today was another bad day. What i want to know is, what happy swine calls it a REST day ? It was quite clearly the hottest day of the year, as was yesterday before it, and both hotter than London last Saturday!

Anyway, I'd been concerned about some blood escaping from part of my body where it should not have been. Remember I said Friday I felt unusally ill ? Well, five days now, so phoned the docs, fearing the worst. I went in for 1620, only after a mad-dash for the 17 along West Marketgait (if the passenger hadn't been VERY slow and held the bus back for me, I'd never have made it...). Anyway, apparently nothing to worry about, but a referral to Ninewells to be issued to check it out. Fine, so I came home, and hoped to be able to get on with the remainder of the day.

With that out the way, it would give me a chance to call (tommorrow) one of my creditors who are almost paid... without mentioning names, they didn't send me a book for council tax until two years after I moved in here, and then demanded all at once... etc. long story since then... and I'd almost got it paid off too. So I though... but they came by tonight... and it's well into four figures. It's now five times what it was before. No idea how that happened, well not yet, but I think I can guess. The line "this statement may not include all monies owed..." I won't say any more on it for now, but wth working a few less hours now, it's going to be a difficult one. Blood and stone spring to mind.

So, I'd finally got over that, just a few hours later... all the lights go off. Now, the meter was fed before I left for London, and afterwards. Check the fuses - all well. Check the meter - dead, no lights or display. Go downstairs to check the fuses - no screwdriver, but an office drawer locker key works! Have a look - new switches since last time, which I cannot get into. Call out the electricity company. They promise to get someoen to call me back. And they do.

They also promise he wil be here soon. He got to the junction, and went the wrong way... He then ended up calling me later, via the office, and he was on the other side of the dual carriageway. For him to get to me, he has to pass me (standing at the end of my road, which is a dead-end) twice (on the dual carriageway) before he loops back round. After some detection, he has to go and find the power board, which turns out to be in Salem Street. More round and round. My lights go on. My lights go off. My lights come back on again. The landlord returns, just as the electricity person comes back to finish off and check all is well. I get upstairs, and nothing plugged into the mains is working... fuse has tripped my side... reset... finally works. Another two hours plus out my day, by the time I get everything back as it was.

I should really think of a witty response to this, but i'm worn out. That's the polite version!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home