Friday, September 02, 2005

M8 Circular

Today's trip was a circular from Dundee via Edinburgh and Glasgow back to Dundee. Fairly simplistic, but I had someone else book it for me (thanks Mr Adventures!) before their own trip... see my postings above about the fact the bank have not supplied me with a new card!

So, had to wait for opening time, and then went to the bank. Turns out that they have sent a new card, and they gave me the date. Sounds about the time our postman went on holiday, but I can't really recall. If they'd given me a card with more than three months on it after the last one, I wouldn't need to be here, but that was another issue.

I then noticed I didn't have my reservation details with me for the bus... ran home, and on the way, called a cab. 10 mins in a taxi and I might just make it down for 1010. Well, at 1009, I was still waiting for said cab. Started walking to the bus station for the 1020 Citylink to Edinburgh (change at Perth) instead - and £9 down on the deal. It would have been £3 for the taxi, who had started ringing back to my mobile fifteen minutes after I called them!

I took a few pics in Edinburgh and Glasgow (Fotopic upload pending!) and when in Glasgow, managed to stop for a chat and coffee with the West End Poet. As ever, he's managed to beat our meet to the web, but if I'd not gone to bed as soon as I got in, then maybe I could have too! Anyway, good times had by all. In Edinburgh, managed to get all the "new" Lothian changed timetables. Remember the July changes postponed when the overtime ban started? They start w/c Saturday 10th September, with the existing leaflets still used. I don't understand why the 11 leaflet is advertising a non-existent "New Night Bus N17" - not Night Bus N11 ? In Glasgow, surprise - Thomson's Coffee shop is closed, and is to become a Subway !!! I'm all for further development of said chain, but maybe this is going too far. In the meantime, if someone can advise me of a new retail shop for Thomsons, it would be most welcome!

The Megabus home saw a duplicate with Volvo Citybus 128ASV in addition to the Neoplan that came from London. Well, I was passenger number 139...

Called an early night (this was retroblogged), and prepared for another meet, and work, tommorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home