Friday, September 30, 2005

Sweet Crispy Walnuts right enough....

After last night, managed to rearrange plans for the weekend away. Went via a couple of shops on route to Ninewells. How come when you want something humourous but tactful, you can't get a "get well" card that does both? The first one I looked at said "The doctors say you will soon be back to normal, so first time for that then..." The second one had the front saying "I've got something that will have you up & about", and inside the picture of the card featured a matron with a huge syringe saying "....bend over..." Even the choice of potential gifts had to be considered. Anything with "Oxygen" had to be left on the shelves, and anything that metions "looking" and "old" had to get ignored too. In the end, found something, and went from Boots to Tesco via the bus station to pick up the first of the new Service 13 leaflets I did (they were collected from the printers this very afternoon). Then stopped at Tesco for a card (see above), flowers (the test here being if I can smell them - and I don't have a good sense here - then they will do someone who can barely breathe!), and then to get on the bus up to Ninewells Hospital. Spent quite some time here in the end (around two hours end-to-end) and talking about a lot... As it turns out, she's fine, and in fact better than she had been this week. She was asleep, but soon woke up when I arrived.

And she even liked the jokes I censored...

I must admit she's trying. "They've had me on everything else Andr....... that's why it's not...." excellent recovery....

Anyway, she's going to be there for a bit, but in no immediate danger. Came back to town, stopped for food, and then came home to get ready for going away... I now need to pack slightly less, and my new ordered clothing is still not here.... but it's effectivly going to be just over 52 hours away.

p.s. One of the Docs looks like Erin Lindsey...(that's perhaps one for the animation/web comic loves amongst us... hence the post title above!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home