Monday, January 23, 2006

Newtyle trip - and 956 now pictured!

I phoned my mother, and wanted to arrange to try again after our attempt at meeting last week. We've agreed to meet up on Friday, but in the meantime she was going up to Newtyle to see my dad. So, headed to the bus station for the 1300 57, picking up some new Tayway timetables (changing next Monday!) on the way. Metrobox 814 was used – although I'd been hoping for Volvo Olympian 956... On the way out, spotted Volvo B10BLE 615 returning to Dundee on the 77's, with a stash of new 77 leaflets in the window! (I'd not seen them in print at this point, and I was in such a rush in picking up the Tayway's, I forgot to ask!) We got to Newtyle, he's fine, my mother's mother's sister is fine too but was mostly asleep when I was there, and we left just after three... Volvo Olympian 956 rolls up! This, for those of you who don't live locally, is the first Strathtay bus to be painted into new Stagecoach colours - and last time I saw it , there was no card in the camera. Snapped that... on the way home, picked up the new 77 timetables (one of my own work – also changing on Monday).

Monday evening was a quiet one, but reports stated that overnight, north and middle England would be MINUS 5 DEGREES overnight. Thought about doing the Manchester day trip that I'd got on a cheapie, but decided a combination of the ice (the last time I did a 0620 start [now 0615], I'd nearly slipped three times, and made it to the bus to get a scornful eye from the driver because he was trying to nip and leave three minutes early!), and the fact that I'd sat on a bus for 22 hours on Thursday-Friday-Saturday, meant I thought i'd leave it this time, and have Tuesday to update everything and clear up loose ends etc. before going back to work on Wednesday.

2 Comments:

At 7:11 pm, Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Bus spotting? That's something completely different...

I'd like to come back to the UK again and do some train spotting. I love the old steam locomotives.

 
At 7:13 pm, Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Bus spotting? It that something new I missed?

I'd like to return to the UK one day and tour the rails... I love the old steam locomotives.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home