Saturday, May 06, 2006

In work… still!

I was at work today… again… despite having a very quiet day on Friday, I was still stuffed with the cold! Our operations manager (i.e. “big boss”) was in today, and even she mentioned she’d noticed I had looked under the weather this week. I can’t explain why… right now, I can’t explain anything…

During work today, a poster was passed around looking for applications for the E-mail team i.e. to respond to emails rather than calls, five days a week 1500-2300. I did give it some thought, then rejected it. Why?

1. I would lose 5.5 hours a week, but get paid an extra 3.5 – when you count travel time and unpaid meal breaks.

2. My travel costs would increase by 25%, as I would need to go to work five days a week, instead of four.

3. After tax and NI, taking the extra money away from what I would spend on buses to get to/from work, it would be less than £10 benefit.

So, even excluding all the past history, it still didn’t make sense.
For me, for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home