Thursday, May 25, 2006

A new acronym for Technical Support staff

Being bored, I was Googling my potential future employers (just in case…) in an attempt to salvage something from this evening. I leafed through several pages, before finding the Bus Driving blog. This lead to a number of links clicked, and eventually I found the blog of Richard Allan, former MP for Sheffield Hallam if I remember rightly. Here we are advised of a new one. GFE.

Yes, the polite version is GFE - Google Flipping Exists, but I'm sure you can make up your own…

I tried it on one of our managers - he liked it! Basically, the concept is that now, RTFM is redundant - because Read The Flipping Manual - well, quite often there is now no manual these days! So, doing a google search will find a post on a newsgroup, or whatever, of how to fix your problem. From the tech's point of view i.e. me, it's also useful when customers ask us to fix things we know we aren't allowed to - but I've not used that one yet, I must admit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home