Friday, July 14, 2006

Friday

Today was the first chance I'd had to speak to Jay in well over a month... mostly as he's been off to Florida, and I've been ar*ing it up and down the A90/A91/A92 etc. Anyway, we had a lot to catch up on - both of us - and we talked for a good few hours. (He's currently on an earlier shift, which is equivilent to 12 noon to 8pm my time). Afterwards, I was left with that strange warm inner glow, and knowing that if we'd met in the flesh, I'd probably be a little sore by the end of it LOL... now I know why I think of himn in the way I do, and have been doing so since late 2002.

Anyway, n interesting coincidence this evening... today's episode of the Bastard Operator From Hell (BOFH) series, amazingly titled "Go On Then, Subcontract Us" has a quote from the boss, where he was discussing the BOFH's contract "...mentions nothing about subcontracting your services to another company," he counters smartly. "I know - I had the company solicitors give your contract the once-over. As impressed as they were about the numerous strange clauses in your contract - their favourite being the extortionate penalty payment for remaining at work after a UFO sighting in the vicinity of the building - they believe that there's nothing to stop us using you to provide services to other companies." You can then read how that ended up. Well, heading up Commercial Street at 2235ish, I could see another undentified illusion - two Travel Dundee buses with the same number (160) on the back. I waited for the 40 minutes or so until they came back - and here they are, 160 and 160 (really 161).

(Later - they were both changed the next morning before 161 went back on the road).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home