Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I get through the whole day this time…

So, I woke up this week in plenty of time for my rescheduled appointment from last week, put back exactly seven days to the minute, and I make it up to Ninewells in enough time for my speech therapy. I seem to be making more progress in reading than conversational, and we had a tape recorder to replay some of my best/worst bits - mostly best, but I still cringe at the sound of my own voice (I've done so for at least 17 years). It's coming along… it's still in need of enough practice to make it "default" rather than "trying".

So, went via South Road Tesco to work, and then the investigation with the agency into my recent absence. It was just over the number to earn a "verbal warning", so they could have given me a "written" warning. In the end, they played it lenient with a verbal, which I thought was "fair" in the circumstances. This was an hour or two after something happened to a company contracted (i.e. non-agency) employee, which I obviously cannot write about here, but it seemed very unfair! Maybe it's just me.

There has been a hell of a lot of weird co-incidences in the last few weeks. Out of the ones I can mention, one semi-relating to a dream I had a few weeks ago…

Another was another relating to a customer who had recently had his gear stolen and had brought his router from home to try and get himself up and running. The model number for that, was the middle two digits different from the last four digits of the previous callers phone number…

Another when Adam was telling me about this girl he'd been speaking to. He'd split up with his long-term gf while I was off work, and this new one is from his own home village. I know someone by that very same name… and they don't live that far away either… turned out it wasn't her, and there was a bit more of an age gap, but that was a really weird co-incidence…

The union has carried on from last week's briefing campaign, and now has posters up all around the site saying "We negotiate your wages…" only poster campaign I've seen that might put people off joining!

Left for home, and the wind and driving rain made it cold and very wet, just to the bus shelter! Got home, dried off, and had a slightly earlier night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home