Sunday, October 22, 2006

October dates to remember

I did say earlier in the month (didn't it?) that there were a number of anniversaries around this month.

7th October - four yeas ago, on Monday 7th October 2002, I started the training for my current job. We spent the evening reciting company corporate legal and security policies, and then we went home, me hobbling around in rather tight shoes. It might sound from that like nothing has changed, but given that previous employers have a habit of paying me off, going bust etc. then I'm pleasantly surprised to have made it four years in one. Yes, stability is a great thing, till you want out. Also see 28th October.

10th October - one year ago, on Monday 10th October 2005, the first day of X-CD services - I've already blogged this earlier in the month.

Mid October - also four years ago, and I forget the date, but I think it was w/c Monday 14th at some point, I had my first online chat with someone called Jay, from the states. Didn't realise what a wonderful guy he was at the time (despite the fact that he said he was "thrilled you were changing gender" - yes I did tell him back then, before others knew, because he was so far away, and I wanted him to know exactly what he was getting before anything started!), and it progressed from just online chats, to something really special between the two of us. Yes, we are over 4,000 miles away, and there is a bit of an age gap, but I'm glad to be in a position like this, whilst I am still able to do my own things. Because that was two hard drives ago, I've got no idea of the exact date we first chatted, except that it was sometime whilst I was still training (above) and I was about to move (below). Anyway, an ideal way to resolve this - it's his birthday on 31st October (yes, Halloween!), so we've discussed and decided to use that date. Fair enough, saves two lots of presents! Lol

27th October - also four years ago, and another bus related one. Travel Dundee Services 28/29 (now since rebranded as Discovery Line) run between Douglas and Charleston, but from Sunday 27th October 2002, Service 29 extended it's half hourly evening service (after 1830 from Douglas) to provide a half-hourly evening service to/from the Technology Park, every night of the week. At that point, we had an hourly Monday to Friday evenings only service on the 76, but there was a gap from just after 1840 to 2010, and no weekend service except at Invergowrie. Once again, it's the kind of extension no one thought to ask for, but now seems to be working well.

28th October - also four years ago, Monday 28th October to be exact. OK, it was the first day of Travel Dundee's 1C (then running St Marys - City Centre, but since extended to Craigowl View), but that's not the point for mentioning! It was also the day I came to view my current flat… and "officially" moved in from the start of November, but had run of the place as soon as I needed. After all that, I was on a "late shift" and it was the first day I was out "live" on the phones, following the three weeks of training that started on Monday 7th.

That is my lot - I'll shut up about them now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home