Thursday, November 23, 2006

Via Ninewells...

This is the first time in many weeks of Speech & Language Therapy that it’s had to be in works time. I’ve usually managed to get it outwith work time as far as possible! The student who’d been listening in two weeks ago was back, but this time, she’d taken Sally’s seat, and she was sat behind the "one-way" glass... but I could just about see her. I’d been practicing as well as I could, and the recording made me sound almost like my mother... although there is some progress there, adding the pitch to everything else is the next thing. At one point, we were going over one of the usual word sets, and I then saw Sally getting up and walking through next door... and she said that had sounded so good... and this was the first time she’d done this in the whole eleven weeks... but as she also said, now she knows it can be done (what did I say?), I’m going to have to work hard over the coming weeks. In time, I’ll hopefully be able to sound like that on the phones too, but that’s still a little way away. As to next week’s appointment... same time, same place!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home