Tuesday, December 12, 2006

… and then back home… and back to [edit]'s…

In the end, I’d been away from home for 76 hours – but had one hell of a time. I thanked Steve, who then wished both of us well for the future.

This is the bit I wasn’t quite looking forward to – telling my mother my good news (see Saturday 2nd for an example!). I tried to get her on the phone ten times, and was unable to get hold of her. Then, I saw the phone ringing, with her number on CallerID. This was good!
“Wha’s that?” came the voice from the other side of the phone…
“It’s me”…
“Who’s me?”
“Me, Suzy…”
“Suzy nothing… it’s Andrew…” …she said out loud, to no-one in particular (she was on her own). Given the situation, I overlooked that comment, because about six months ago, she said “You’ll always sound like a man” – and quite clearly, she couldn’t tell it was me who’d phoned (she never looked up the number, just hit 1471).

I told her of our good news, and I got some of the expected reactions, but I also got “as long as you’re happy”. She’s said this before, not meaning a lot. The thing is, I guess it went ok, as it could have been worse! She did ask a variety of questions about the new special one in my life, and I managed to answer them all – get in there! How’s that for a memory?

I then went out for a bit around the City Centre, returned home, and did a bit more on messenger. I then got the washing out, but started to dry, and then packed into two carrier bags to take with me. When I got to the Bus Station, took the bus to the Technology Park that I would normally (on Mondays, Wednesdays & Thursdays) get on coming FROM work! [edit]


(later edited)