Friday, February 16, 2007

No journey is too great

Another long day - eighteen hours plus in the end - but, believe it or not, I wasn't as tired as I was the previous evening. I woke up in time for the 0800 fast bus (M9) to Glasgow. The choice was of this one, or the next one an hour later. The latter would leave me with not a lot of time to get there i.e. about 20 minutes, and 15 is pushing it. After being a bit too tight for time the last time I was up at Sandyford, decided to go for the earlier this time - even if it meant pulling out of Dundee at 0800.

The counselling service is part of the centre, although it is entirely separate from them (in terms of confidentiality etc.), so it is meant to be entirely open. Alex apologised for being just a little late with starting off, and we headed for the counselling room - yes, they've got a room specifically devoted for the purpose, with similar soft seats to the rest of the centre, but also dimmed soft lighting, which helped soften up things. While I managed to over-run my hour a little bit (and still only skim through my life since August), it was good to have an impartial voice to think about what is going on in my head right now. I will check with my own doctors at my forthcoming appointment about something similar more locally, but in the meantime, she's booked me in for next Friday.

So, that was that - and it was time to head back to Dundee, with just enough time to grab lunch, and head for the 1330 fast (M9) bus back to Dundee. This was my planned/booked departure, to ensure I could get back to Dundee to start work - and as I got into work for 1608, I started at 1615 (time in 15 minute blocks). Apparently, "we need you" they said earlier in the week!

Today was of course, my last day on the email team, as this is the end of three weeks. Has it really flown by in that time? The email system decided to reward my loyalty by crashing with forty-five minutes left to go, but the time was used to count and check our daily stats.

I have enjoyed my time answering email enquiries. What makes it different, I hear you say? Well, bearing in mind I am limited by what I can say, I will explain why I liked it. Firstly, it was something different to do. Variety is certainly the spice of my life. It was the same job, but that little bit different. The voice wasn't so much of a problem (although it's gone this week, I shall need to work on it for, and after, the weekend). I did get some good feedback from customers on my responses, including one who praised the service he'd had from me... and all I did was to answer a few questions. Like I said before, it's not what you do, it's how you make people feel.

Oh, and when I got home, there was a letter from Ninewells photobiology unit (laser hair removal), which confirms I am now on the waiting list. That's not bad - I only asked Dr Ewan for the referral back on 23rd January.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home