Sunday, March 04, 2007

At work

Well, this is an interesting one… because I need the hours, as well as needing Tuesday off for a GIC appointment, the team coach who was sort of covering for my own agreed that I could work the same hours today instead. Being a Sunday, there are no daytime buses from the city centre to work at Dundee Technology Park (but of course, a half-hourly evening service…)

So, went out, and had some extravagant spending. Not! Kingsway West Retail Park –157 up on the 1B, walked around the corner, had lunch, then got a few things in Tesco. New toaster required (the old one has given up the ghost) –got one, brand new boxed for £4.00… So, by this point, I was in a good mood, waited for the 14 to work. While I had lunch, I saw both buses on Service 14, so they were both out and running to time. So, naturally, by the time I went for mine an hour later, it was eight minutes late, and I was freezing my non-specific genitals off in a very cold gale force wind… and of course, the bus shelter at Kingsway West Retail Park was long ago deemed to be the worst in the city (by the Dundee Bus Bulletin no less, long before the Tele caught onto it!)

So, I got to the Tech Park 3/4 minutes late, so improving. Completely confused Adam by asking what he was doing in on a Sunday “I’m always here on a Sunday… wait a minute, what are you doing here?”

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home