Friday, March 09, 2007

M80 Shuttle (Part Two) – Go West, then come back for work

do you know, that almost fits in with the tune?

On these occasions, I had not taken off the whole day – although I could have asked for it. It would mean having to move my hours to another day – and I’ve already worked Sunday past, and timesheets finish weekly on a Friday. There is also the fact that the Tuesday monthly/bi-monthly sessions are “drop-in by 1100”, so there was no fixed time of how long it would be before I was cleared – kind of important when booking a bus for the way home!

Anyway, where was I…. actually, don’t answer that… lol what I meant was, what did I get up to? I finally had a “hurl” on the new 15 metre long Volvo/Plaxton Panther megabus coaches – well two of them, as I had one in each direction! – 54009 down, and 54010 back. Like the artics, you lose the sense of size once you board, and all is well. The ride held up, but the driver had to take the ”wrong” lane in Glasgow at Cathedral Street/North Hanover Street junction, to ensure the turn into the latter was smooth. The return trip saw an angry driver driving it from Perth to Dundee (he had just grafted most of the crew shuttle Vito’s types onto the surface of Broxden Park & Ride), and it showed, but again the ride held out.

The trip was a bit more than megabus bashing, of course! Met up with Alex once more, a few minutes late (partially because the Sandyford computer network had gone down…) In any case, the hour was used to explain what I had got up to in the last few days/weeks, a little about work (that may need a couple of back-to-back sessions to explain the last four and a half years!), and this does appear to be helping… and it does tell, apparently… because rather than saying “what did I do wrong” in certain situations, I was saying “what did they do me wrong”, or “how did I do the right thing”… We also talked about the feelings I explained a few days ago, but agreed that I may need to keep watching how I feel with these things.

So, then, after that, I got out quite a bit late (despite starting late, we still took the full hour of the appointment). I had agreed to meet up with Bobby once more, and as I left Sandyford, I thought “hmm oh no, what’s going to happen”- but he was there, waiting for me. Apologies etc. offered, but not needed! We’d agreed to meet up briefly once more – he had today off too, as he was getting ready for friends coming up from down south in the evening. So, we talked about what we’d been getting up to over the last few days, as well as plans for the coming weeks.

When I got back to work, a couple of things. One of my calls was monitored, and it all went well, good score. I had to sign the form – and I have another new team coach. The old name was scored out (Bruce), and Robbie’s name was added on top… reinventing the wheel here, because I was in his team for one day late last year… turns out this team list was last updated on Monday… and no-one has said anything…

then, it was “performance review” time, for last month. I expected it to be a bit lower than the last month, because I’d been off. Guess what- no monitoring stats meant I was a lot lower –and it appears that no one monitored me because I’d been on the email team. So, at about forty seconds, it has to be the shortest review I’ve ever had…

I was actually more awake today (than yesterday, or two weeks ago), so felt ok to stay awake throughout the shift! Never mind, now I am off until TUESDAY! I can live with that!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home