Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The whole clit & caboodle

Today had been busy enough, even before leaving for work… then, my first break was one hour after the start of my shift, around 1600. Turned my mobile on, as there was a call I wanted to make. Then… “Voicemail 901” SMS came into my inbox, you have one new message. Wow, not expecting any right now… well, no-one that I could think of, and not that “late” in the afternoon. So, played back the message… the name rung a bell, pardon the term! As she explained her name, it all started to make sense.

Now, cast your mind back to last Tuesday (6th) when Dr Westwater said he’d chase things up for me. Remember?

(Chase up – eight days? Wow that’s good, but more than likely I was already queued and waiting a date. OK, so I’m teasing this out, but WTFN?)

So, got a message to call her back – so I did, then went to see the managers & the agency – then called her back again.

Yes, for the benefit of those who’ve not heard it anywhere else, I’ve got my initial consultation with the surgeon I’ve been referred to, for the last day of the month at Sussex Nuffield Hospital, Brighton.

That means Saturday 31st March. It is one year exactly to the last weekend when I was in Brighton… how spooky is that? Last time, I came down Friday night by bus, and on the Saturday did some stuff around London before megabus to Brighton, route 700 along the coast to Portsmouth, and then a train (booked via megatrain) back to London, before returning home on the Sunday morning. This time, things are going to be one hell of a lot different, even in comparison to the last Leopards trip the previous Saturday!

Now, on the phone call, Liz mentioned she was booking in some post-op patients for the same clinic. I said “ok”, and thought (to myself) of a few names I’ve heard recently. First chance that I had, I spread the good word with Sarah – after all, she’s not long been for the same stuff, and her journal
has been essential reading. I told her my date, and she asked me when… turns out that she has the appointment slot (for her post-op 10 week check up) before my visit… OMG, we will meet! lol

The lord of co-incidence is currently working overtime on my soul… have mercy! (As my colleague Adam said later on “what are the odds” – and this time I could answer with “well it was one in ten or something…” so now you know…)

Anyway, speaking of him, he’s currently living in Carnoustie… so the last few minutes at work were spent marking up a copy of the current Angus Council bus timetable for Carnoustie with each journey he has to get to/from work over his differing shifts. He went for the 76-that-continues-as-a-73A after work, and sent me via Bluetooth – yes, my first Bluetooth file transfer since buying the new brick last the week – his band’s new track ”Save The Empire”. The track was recorded at a practice, using a mobile phone, so he warned me about the quality –but the playing was highly polished! I am told the band name “Save The Empire” was the one two bands before “The Illusion Principle” – and of course, “10 Days Late” (or was it 10 Day Slate – I forget) was in the midst. Have we both been working in the same place too long now? In any case, it’s a bit of yell and thrash, with a different sound doing the vocals (and it shows).

Best day of the year so far? Well, it has got to be up there with them… looking like March is going to be a very good, if busy, month! Most medical-related mileage in one month i.e. three visits to Glasgow and one to Brighton? It may well be surpassed later in the year, lets see!

(you know I love all it really…)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home